My Photo
Name:
Location: KY

I am happily married to Tommy. I have 2 awesome daughters. Macy is 7 and Bailey is 5. I am self-emploed as an accountant. I attend church at Farmington Church of Christ. I love to laugh, espically with good friends. I am truly blessed!!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween Memories

What are your fondest Halloween memories? Share them with me here.

I have two Halloween memories I will tell you about. The first one happened 23 years ago. In the 5th grade I was Mr. T. Yes, black, mohawk, jewerly wearing Mr. T. I wore this costume to a church party. I wore jogging pants-pushed up to my knees. I had on many necklaces. I even had one of those head masks that make you look bald. We cut a hole down the center and pulled my hair through for the mohawk. The problem started here. This was in the days before hair gel and mousse. My step-mother decided Vaseline would work to make my hair stick up. Vaseline did the trick. My face and scalp was painted black. I was one awesome Mr. T. Until the next morning. I washed my hair and the Vaseline did not come out. I washed my hair about 20 times that day and it never did come out. It kind of had to wear off. It was bad. I now know that Vaseline would have probably come out with some Dawn dish washing detergent. (Amie--I still hate that brand, don't you??) I will try to get the picture of me from my dad and post it sometime.

My second Halloween memory to tell happened 16 years ago. We were Seniors in high school. We were very cool, or so we thought. We plotted and planned for days before so all of our parents would be fooled. I was staying with Angie and supposidly we were going to a party that Regina was having. Angie and I dressed up in her dad's camo. We didn't want to be seen. We met up with Amie and Tammy. We were armed with toilet paper and shaving cream. Our first stop was the UTM dorm parking lot. We had a couple friends there that needed some attention. We did some car decorating when the UTM police pulled up. We did not get in trouble, they actually thought it was funny. Our next stop was an ex-boyfriend's house (Amie's ex). We did a little toilet paper all the way around the house. It looked extremely nice. The next step of our plans were to meet up with the guys from our class and go out to Steve's farm and have a shaving cream fight. Very innocent, non-destructive, totally legal fun. The guys met us at Hardees (which is now Burger King) in Andy's old farm truck. We all hopped in the back and took off. We started up the hill on the bypass and were surrounded by 3 police cars. It was like we were on COPS or something on TV. They made all of the guys get out of the cab. Then they asked who was 18, poor Todd and Jason were the only 2. We were pretty scared, but we hadn't done anything so they couldn't take us to jail. As the one policeman was grilling the over 18 boys, one was walking around the truck inspecting it and one was shinning his light in our faces. Amie was hiding in the corner of the truck because her mom cleaned the policeman's house. Tammy was almost in tears. Me and my big mouth could not be controlled. I told Tammy to shut up. About that time all 3 lights were in my face, talk about scary. I explained that I wasn't telling the police to shut up but I was telling Tammy. At last they let us go and said we could not come back into the city limits of Martin except to drop us off at Amie's car. After we got to the farm, the boys explained how they had been pulled over earlier and had gotten in big trouble for distributing pig afterbirth. Andy's folks have a pig farm. We did have some major shaving cream fights and washed up with cold water out of a hose. We decided it was time to go home and got dropped off at Amie's car, which happened to have the entire windshield covered in shaving cream. She drove to the car wash with her head out of the window to see. We did learn a lesson. Never go anywhere with the boys from our class without prior information.

I don't think any of our parents ever found out about that night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tommy said...

Now that your step mom is taking computer classes, I'll make sure I let her know about your blog. That way she can finally hear the Halloween stories.

2:15 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

Patti--Saturday sounds good to me.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home